A Local Favourite
A Local Favourite in Atherton
The hotel has been a landmark of the Tablelands since the early 1900s. In 1944 a fire ravaged the formerly timber building leaving only a charred light pole which was dubbed the “black stump”. Due to WW2 the new building was not finished until 1954 so a temporary bar to satisfy the pubs loyal clientele was quickly set up on adjacent land. Times have changed, but to patrons the Aussie pub is still affectionately know as “The Stump”.
Located in Main Street the hotel is central to all shops and facilities within a short walk.
The hotel has a public bar equipped with 3 TAB terminals and large TV screens. The bistro has a family menu with value for money daily specials. A large conference room is also available catering for entertainment, conferences, weddings and any other event.
We have 18 four-star hotel rooms with off street parking available.
Next door we have a BWS drive-through liquor store for your convenience.
General Opening Hours
|Mon - Thu||10am - 12am|
|Fri - Sat||10am - 2am|
|Sunday||10am - 10pm|
- Function space that can cater for corporate, weddings and social events
- Accommodation featuring 18 four-star rooms
- Dine in the Restaurant for breakfast, or the Bistro for lunch and dinner
- Entertainment featuring a disco every 3rd Friday of each month
- BWS drive through bottle shop